Three Categories of Data Collection
After reviewing a multitude of resources, we find that the function of accommodation data collection falls into three main categories. The first two are student-specific data, while the third is group-related data.
- Choose - Data tools/forms to help select or match an accommodation to the student's need/s
- Making Accommodation Recommendations
- Use - Once selected, data tools/forms that monitor implementation, usage, progress, and continued effectiveness
- Accommodation Monitoring Forms (4)
- Reviews - Data tools/forms that review, consolidate, and coordinate accommodation efforts
- Classroom Accommodations-at-a-Glance
Data collection, while certainly an important and required aspect of teaching, remains challenging or at the very least time-consuming. To that end, and with these intentions:
- Digital Forms and Sheets helps automate sharing, collecting, and analyzing student data
- STAAR eligibility criterion language (routinely, independently, and effectively) is embedded
- Digital formats offer the ability to customize to your needs
Accommodation Monitoring Forms
We hope these new forms will be helpful to you. Stay tuned for additional resources, completed examples, and next month's webinar, Digging Deeper into Data Forms.
Directions on How to Access Files:
- Select the resource to open in Google Drive
- To edit this file, you'll need to make a copy of it to your Google Drive (File-> Make a Copy). You must be logged into your Google account to make a copy.
- You'll be prompted to rename the file and then the new editable version will automatically open up in a new tab.
- Accommodation Monitoring Open Accommodation Monitoring in Google Drive
- Accommodation Recommendations and Monitoring Effectiveness Open Accommodation Recommendations and Monitoring Effectiveness in Google Drive
- Classroom Accommodations At-a-glance Open Classroom Accommodations At-a-glance in Google Drive