Collect data regarding the use of the accommodation
Is the student routinely, effectively, and, if appropriate, independently using the accommodation?
Collect information regarding achievement
How successful is the student’s academic or behavioral performance when using the accommodation?
Collect student feedback on the accommodation usage
How does the student feel about using the accommodation?
Does the student think the accommodation is helpful? Why or why not?
Analyze the data
What do the student’s achievement results and feelings reveal about the use of this accommodation?
Was the accommodation implemented with fidelity?
Should the student continue using the accommodation?
Should the accommodation be adjusted in any way?
We have taken our original printable .pdf Accommodation Monitoring Form and given it an update. There are now four different versions.
1. Accommodation Monitoring for (Student Name) Template: Google Form has been pre-populated with a set of common accommodations
2. Accommodation Monitoring for (Student Name) Blank: Customize a Form to include only the accommodations needed for this student
3. Accommodation Monitoring Form Digital
4. Accommodation Monitoring Form Print
Our intentions behind the updates include:
- Google Forms and Sheets helps automate sharing, collecting, and analyzing data
- Uses STAAR eligibility criterion language (routinely, independently, and effectively)
- Added instructional reminder to teach the use of accommodations (I, we, you do)
- Digital formats offer the ability to customize to your needs
Additional training/support for these forms will be provided.
Directions on How to Access Files:
1. Select the resource to open in Google Drive
2. To edit this file, you'll need to make a copy of it to your Google Drive (File-> Make a Copy). You must be logged into your Google account to make a copy.
3. You'll be prompted to rename the file and then the new editable version will automatically open up in a new tab.
Monitoring Accommodations Webinar